Skip to main content

April 20, 2020


Last night ended with a deep, meaningful question. I was on my way to happy slumber, when Shannon texted saying she and her boyfriend need help deciding something (the mind reels). Then she proceeded to ask me to rate the Seaman girls- by sassiness, and I'm included. We went back and forth for a bit. Shannon and I differ on who is in 2nd and third place, and who is in 4th and 5th place. Otherwise, we agree on who is the MOST sassy, and who is the least. Problem solved, and I headed to bed. Congratulation, Krisha & Deborah.

This morning she had more pressing information for me, and I haven't seen her this excited since she thought she ate pancakes, turkey bacon, and orange juice! And that was an exciting, if not magically imagined, day. Today, Shannon had her trach replaced with a new trach that is smaller and also doesn't have the balloon-like mechanism in it that blocks off her upper airway. So now....she will be able to talk better, and also hopefully breath better through her nose and mouth, when she is ready for that!!

In other news, Shannon also transitioned from her bed to her chair with help from her OT. She has been using an overhead lift to get her up, and now she is working on moving past that.  I asked if she is going to be moving back to her bed on her own, and Shannon said no. It's a lot of work, and  takes a lot of upper body strength.

We found a used stair lift chair for Shannon today, and braved the pandemic world to go pick it up. My boys are such a blessing to have here with all the help we need. Every day we learn about something new we need to have or do to our home, and I'm trying to not be overwhelmed by everything that needs to happen to make it accessible for her. While Shannon counts down the days until she gets to be here, I'm praying we have done what we need to so she can function here, and I can totally see myself praying for the days to become longer as the time draws closer. It's so hard to do all of this when we can't get the help that we need because of the pandemic.

Please pray for Shannon's continued improvements in her breathing and speech, for her endurance for therapies, for her upper body to continue to grow stronger so she can do the things she needs to, for her spinal cord to heal, that tomorrow we will hear good news from her spine surgeon, and that things will fall into place so we can get our home ready for Shannon's arrival. Thank you, for all that you are doing to help and support Shannon and our family.

Today's meme:


And the Disney Quote, (when Shannon Transitions to her wheelchair from her bed on her own):

BOOM BABY!!  Kuzco- Emperor's New Groove




Comments