Skip to main content

April 27, 2020



The real crazy has begun. We are in full "pick out all the stuff for the basement right this second so we can keep moving on this project" mode. It's pretty stressful. If present Kim could talk to past Kim, she would tell her to get a degree in interior design, as well as a nursing degree, and project management. Oh, and also basics of home remodeling would be nice to add while I am at it. But, future me forgot to tell past me. So her I am all unprepared for this.

I wrangled Rachael into pretending with me that we know what we are doing and we braved Home Depot in search of tile, flooring, bathroom fixtures, and the like. Adventure. I would love to say we figured it all out. But that would be a lie, and the Blue Fairy said that "a lie keeps growing and growing until it's as plain as the nose on your face." I don't need that right now so I'll stick with the facts. I'm super lame at all of this.

As for Shannon's day, well, today your update is brought to you by Shannon herself:


"This morning I woke up and cried for about 40 minutes because I’ve been getting nerve pain in my right shoulder which is good and bad because we know my nerves are figuring out their job but it’s pretty painful. After some doctors talked to me I had my therapies. Speech well, Aimee walked in when I was crying and I don’t think she really knew what to do haha. So she came back in with the therapist and we just sat and talked. 

Then I had occupational therapy and we stretched out my arm trying to get the pain to go away. We also practiced me rolling from side to side in the bed. I was successful! She got me all comfy and I laid ON MY SIDE!! It was glorious lemme tell ya. She placed the pillows so I could sleep for a while on my side and it felt so good to not be in that awkward side back position I’m always in. 

After that I had physical therapy. We again worked on my shoulder pain and then put me in the manual chair where for the next hour and a half we tried to get my blood pressure up. It’s been a struggle. She put me in the other chair so I could tilt back on my own and then she had to go. I chilled in the chair listening to music and a song came on I forgot about but it totally lifted me up for the rest of the day. It’s called “highs and lows” by Michael Schulte. It’s a jam check it out. Then I had art therapy and I painted the base color for my next project. Finally I got back in my bed and got a fat stack of letters to read haha. After reading them all and being extremely touched, I put on some music and did a puzzle!! Very proud of myself on that one haha. The rest of the night was pretty quiet."





She tells about her day a lot better than I do! :) 
Please pray for Shannon's shoulder pain to end, for her blood pressure to stabilize so she can do her therapies, for her spinal cord to make the necessary connections so her body can heal and function again, for her core muscles to strengthen, and for her respiratory system to keep improving so she can get her trach removed. We love you all, and are so grateful for all the prayers and support! 


And of course, the Disney dialog. Shannon could use some help with her shoulder right now, not sure this would help with the pain- 
[While Kuzco is in a bag, about to go over a very large waterfall]

Kronk's Shoulder Angel:
You're not just gonna let him die like that, are you?
Kronk:
My shoulder angel.
Kronk's Shoulder Devil:
Don't listen to that guy! He's trying to lead you down the "path of righteousness". I'm gonna lead you down the path that rocks!
Kronk's Shoulder Angel:
Ah, come off it!
Kronk's Shoulder Devil:
You come off it!
Kronk's Shoulder Angel:
You!
Kronk's Shoulder Devil:
You!
Kronk's Shoulder Angel:
You!
Kronk's Shoulder Devil:
[smirking] You infinity. [The angel growls in frustration] [to Kronk] Listen up, big guy. I got three good reasons why you should just walk away. Number one: [points at the angel] Look at that guy! He's got that sissy, stringy, music thing.
Kronk's Shoulder Angel:
We've been through this. It's a harp, and you know it.
Kronk's Shoulder Devil:
All right. So, that's a harp... and that's a dress!
Kronk's Shoulder Angel:
Robe!
Kronk's Shoulder Devil:
Reason number two: [does a one-handed handstand] Look what I can do! Ha, ha! Ha!
Kronk:
But, uh, what does that have to do with anything?
Kronk's Shoulder Angel:
No, no, he's got a point.
Kronk:
Listen, you guys. You're starting to confuse me, so, uh, "begone"! Or, uh, you know, however I get rid of you guys.
Kronk's Shoulder Angel and Devil:
That'll work.
[They poof out of existence]







Comments