Skip to main content

April 25, 2020

One of my favorite movies is Ms. Congeniality. There are SO many quotable lines in it. My daughter Rachael reminded me that today is one of my absolute favorite lines: 

Stan Fields : Miss Rhode Island, please describe your idea of a perfect date. 
Cheryl "Rhode Island" : That's a tough one. I'd have to say April 25th. Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.

Unfortunately, I can relate to Cheryl today more than most days lately. I realized the grass was too long and said "no one lawned the grass this week". I've called all of my kids the wrongs names, and forgot that I ate a raspberry lemonade bar that Krisha made- and was upset for a hot second that someone else ate it. Too much going on in my brain, apparently. 

Today was a glorious day for Shannon too. She only had one therapy- PT. She practiced her side rolls in her bed, adjusting her legs herself, and other similar things. Yesterday when I was with her, I got a lot better idea of how difficult things still are for her. Simple things we all take for granted- like rolling onto your side from your back, are a huge struggle for her. She's making a lot of progress, but it's all very relative to where she's coming from given her injuries. 

When I asked her what else she's done, she said she looked at the walls today. Watched some movies. 

I tasked her with eating the Ben and Jerry's I brought her yesterday- she's trying to eat. She doesn't have much of an appetite. (A few of us at home need to have that problem!) 

Shannon's voice is really coming back! She is talking so well today. It's not super easy to talk with a speaking cap on a trach. You inhale through the trach and exhale through your nose/mouth. So when you are talking, you inhale and then push your voice out with the exhale. It's tiring, just to talk. 

We are praying that Shannon's respiratory system will improve so she can get her trach removed, that she will be able to strengthen her upper body including her arms and core, that her spinal cord will heal and make connections, and that she will find relief from her sore shoulder and neck. 


Today's Meme: 


And of course a Disney quote:

For every to, there is a fro. For every stop there is a go, and that’s what makes the world go round.

Merlin- Disney's the Sword and the Stone


Comments

  1. I started reading a book today: The Strength You Need (12 great strength passages of the Bible) by Robert J. Morgan. As you ask for prayer for strength I thought maybe you would find strong Biblical counsel within these pages.

    I continue to pray for Shannon, Lancer and Kim (as well as other members of the family as God leads me) daily. Praying God provides grace and strength for each new day.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment