Skip to main content

June 5, 2020

We made it through our first day home!! I'm sure you were wondering if we would. I was. I apologize for cutting the update short last night. I was in the middle of typing it and could not keep my eyes open. So here we are.

I have videos for you today! First up is the Welcome Home. Back story: Shannon has been telling me about how easily she is over stimulated. So I asked Rachael to have the kiddos hold back on the noise and excitement level. They were impressively unenthusiastic. Kuddos to them for their great acting abilities!


 Yesterday was a great day! We were all super excited to be together. Rachael and a few of my friends came over while we were picking up Shannon- and they redid all the good things that some OTHER friends did two days prior. I mean, we live in a construction zone. So the mess comes back on the daily. The 'ghost footprints' from the drywall sanding alone covers our main floor hardwood. But! The house looked fantastic when they were all done! Also while we were gone, LBJ and Merrill came to work on the bathroom some more. It's still a work in progress, but we are almost done. And by 'we', I mean- Lancer, LBJ, and the Dad Dudes. I usually wander in to tell them they aren't doing things the way we discussed, the banter about who is right begins, and when I leave, they are redoing it. ;) Today I installed the toilet. I mean, giant man hands couldn't fit into the space where the nuts needed to be screwed onto the bolts. So I had to rescue them.  It reminded me of a scene from Meet the Robinson's. (See Disney Quote below) LBJ, Lancer or Jim won't try to tell you THEY installed the toilet, because of the whole 'who is right' thing. Besides, all they did was plumbing, install the wax ring, and some other junk, haul the toilet downstairs, lift the giant thing into place. Sure, they made all the adjustments....did all the heavy lifting....but, it wouldn't have STAYED that way without my little fingers fitting into small spaces. :D But seriously- they are doing such an amazing job and I can't wait for you to see photos! We are waiting until a few more things are finished to show you, hopefully tomorrow's post.

Having Shannon home is an adjustment for sure, even knowing what we learned at the hospital. Making that work on the home front isn't easy- but we are doing our best. Shannon is being super patient with us. She only said "are you trying to kill me" or "I'm gonna die" about fifteen times in the past 36 hours, so we aren't quite at the every-two-hours mark. That's success, in my book. Of course she's not going to die! Drama llama.

Today we had a delicious lunch that Lancer's team sent over. ALL of the Shannon favorites from WAWA....enough for us and whomever was helping us on the basement. Feeling the love :)

It took one day for Shannon to become the favorite Aunt!!


So far, the biggest struggles have been the chair lift for the stairs, not having all of the right medical supplies sent home with us, and Shannon's body temp not being regulated. The latter is the worst. She's so uncomfortable being too hot and cold at the same time. So frustrating. We are trying to figure out how to help her. I took the night shift last night, and Rachael is taking it tonight.

It's wonderful to have Shannon home with us, and she has such a long road ahead. Almost three months since the car crash and she's just beginning her journey to recovery. Please pray that Shannon's body temperature will stabilize so she's more comfortable, that she can get the rest she needs, and that we will know what to do to care for her. Thank you for your continued prayers, and support. We truly appreciate it.

The Meme's are over :(

T-Rex : I have a big head and little arms. I'm just not sure how well this plan was thought through.

Disney's Meet the Robinson's

Comments

  1. Happy, happy day! Can't wait to see you all this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you all in Shannon's journey! Give her a hug from the Youngs in Colorado Springs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment