Skip to main content

June 8, 2020


This text exchange happened a couple of years ago, and it’s one of my favorites! Shannon had a new hair style and everyone was complimenting her on it. It was super (not cute. She doesn’t do cute...) cool! I loved how much she loved it and how she was beaming when people paid her compliments. Yesterday reminded me of that text! 

My favorite stylist- who will currently remain unnamed, came to our home and cut Shannon’s hair. It’s so adorable! (Sorry Shannon, it slipped...) And she was beaming!! 

Just look at how remarkably cuuuuuooooooooooooooooooll it looks. Super cool. She will have to keep waiting for her hair to grow out and blend in with the rest- (thank you, cranial pressure monitor) but the short cut is fantastic on her!

In other news, Shannon met with her current primary care Dr. He talked with her for a while, and then told her she’s really old, and maybe she wants to move from peds to adult medicine. He recommend a good primary care. Her name is Mrs. Dr. I love that he referred Shannon to his wife. :D
And, last night our evening Psych watch parties started. Feel free to watch along with us! We only watched the first episode. Psych is Shannon’s favorite show! Obviously- her feet are named Shawn & Gus. 

Sorry I didn’t post last night. I hope you haven’t been panicking! I’m not worried, you shouldn’t be worried.....I just can’t do the late night AND everything else, AND chat with Shannon about what to put on this blog. So going forward, posts will be about the previous day, or possibly every few days/weekly; as  things change. Life at home is pretty boring to write about. Not much happening. I could add cool tidbits like- I talked to the insurance company, or Shannon brushed her teeth today, but not very exciting to read about. 

I owe you photos of her room and bathroom, I know. We are still working on it! We are pretty busy just trying to get into a good routine, which takes time! 

Please continue to pray for Shannon, even though I might not share something specific every day. Ask for blessings for what she is in need of today. Of course we would love prayers always for her spinal cord to heal completely, and for her comfort and endurance to take on her daily tasks. Thank you. 


Don’t forget that Shannon’s Drive up welcome home is this Sunday from 2-3. Brain injuries and loud noises don’t mix well, so please refrain from honking. If you need our address, contact us the way your normally would! 


Somebody’s poisoned the waterhole! 

Woody, Toy Story


Comments