Skip to main content

June 6, 2020

Oh my goodness...first of all. I love this photo so much! My little squishy kiddos. Anyway.

Happy Saturday!! Today FELT like a Saturday- which is so fantastic. We had projects to work on and the kids were all taking advantage of parentals not watching them. Lancer, LBJ and Josh were hardly working, I mean working hard on the bathroom. So.......

WE HAVE A WORKING SHOWER....AND TOILET!! It's not perfect yet, as we are still waiting on some parts to arrive, things to set so we can do the next step, and cleanup/tile sealing. But it's working. I can't wait to show it to you!! But...we will both have to continue to wait. It's so worth it, trust me.

That means TOMORROW, Shannon will take her first shower in her new bathroom. I'm probably more excited than she is.

Otherwise, today Shannon slept in until 11am. Which she loved. She met with the home nursing so we can get that started and also home therapies. I'm sure Monday my phone will be ringing all day with all of that being set up. She spend the day in her room, visiting with us and LBJ. She's pretty worn out from all of this transitioning to home business. So a nap. Dinner, and then just hanging out is on the docket for this evening before bed.

We are still adjusting, of course. Making lots of mistakes, not thinking things through very well, but I know we will get in a groove and things will go much more smoothly.

I am sneaking out on a date with my fantastic husband. AND we are NOT going to Home Depot, OR Lowes. We are going to get some real restaurant food and spend  time with some wonderful friends and pretend there are other things in life beyond home remodeling, hospitals, Pandemics, and political uproar. (That really limited the talking point list....)

We are so grateful for all the hard word and prayer warriors that have been helping us along the way. I know that we are being watched over carefully by our Father in Heaven and are seeing so many blessings. Truly. Please pray for Shannon's temperature issues to subside, and for her blood pressure to be stable, and for her to be at peace with her current state. We know there are a lot more miracles in store for her, but it's all going to take time. She has made such amazing strides, and it's not over yet!!

Thank you  continues prayers!!

Milo James Thatch: Oh, my decision? Well, I-I think we've seen how effective my decisions have been. Let's re-cap. I lead a band of plundering vandals to the greatest archaeological find in recorded history, thus enabling the kidnap and/or murder of the royal family, not to mention personally delivering the most powerful force known to man into the hands of a mercenary nutcase who's probably gonna sell it to the Kaiser! Have I left anything out?

Dr. Joshua Sweet: Well, you did set the camp on fire and drop us down that big hole.

Milo James Thatch: Thank you! Thank you very much.

Disney's Atlantis

Comments