Skip to main content

May 23, 2020




It's been a really boring day. Super boring. A very, very, very, exceptionally boring day. With nothing to do. Not a person to see, except nurses. No leaving the room. No fun therapy. No unfun therapy. (I know. Unfun is not a word.) No brain games or exercises, no family visiting. Just. Boring.

What does one do on a boring day? Well, if you were Shannon, and you were home with your siblings, you might do something like this:




But since she's not at home, she continued her marathon of this:

If you are wondering if I'm referring to Psych or the Cheez-its...yes. 

She does have some fun news though!! She doesn't have any kind of bandage on her trach site, because it's officially CLOSED. It's healing quite nicely, and she's adding the scar to her collection of battle wounds that tell the tale of the hardest fight she's fought in her short 20 years. 

We had a less exciting day as well, but in a good way. We were supposed to start painting, but the humidity wreaked havoc on the drywall drying process, so we cranked up the heat and opened the windows upstairs so the basement could have heat and dry the walls. We did get a few smaller things completed, which was nice. Some friends we haven't seen in probably 8 years came over to help us out and we were able to visit with them. AND some other friends dropped by with a bunch of meals to put in our freezer so my dinner chaos isn't so chaotic. We really do have such wonderful people in our lives. I hope I never take for granted the friendships we have and the generosity of so many people around us. 

Shannon was telling me today that she's a bit nervous for next week. There are three days straight of family training, which means a lot of work for her. But she has off on Monday since it's a holiday, and I'm hoping what we have left to learn won't be too taxing. 

Please pray that Shannon will have the physical and mental endurance to complete her therapies and our training so we are all prepared for her to be home, and for her blood pressure to continue to improve. Thank you, dear friends, for all that you do for us. 

This was my FAVORITE meme that we found when we were making the calendar. I died when I read it. I hope you love it too: 


Disney does solitude well: 

Goofy: All right, then. Guess I'll just have to go... all alone, that's all. Just sit in the boat... all alone. And talk to myself. All alone.
Disney's, A Goofy Movie

Comments